Optometric Assistant / Optician / Optical Sales Associate
At Woodbine Optometry we are passionate about providing high quality patient and customer care. We are looking for an optometric assistant or optician who enjoys learning about optical technologies and best practices and also enjoys caring for patients of all ages. At our office we strive for a positive work environment and are seeking an individual with strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Assist with spectacle frame selection and advise on appropriate lens choices after assessing the patient's visual requirements.
- Dispense, adjust and repair eye wear.
- Management of eye wear orders.
- Assist in management of inventory, including returns and warranties.
- General reception duties such as booking appointments, answering phone-calls as needed.
- Assist with pre-screening and imaging of patients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, suppliers and general public.
- At least one year of experience in eye wear sales.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Self motivated.
- Excellent at multitasking.
- Enjoys learning and sharing knowledge with team members and patients.
- General knowledge of spectacle frame and lens options (specific product training to be provided).
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows 10, email, LibreOffice or Microsoft Office).
We are committed to providing a positive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning. In addition, we offer employee and family health benefits, competitive wages and staff and family discounts. Hours of operation are from Monday to Saturday with 2 evenings per week.
Please send your resume to [email protected].