Junction Optometrists is searching for a full-time Optical/Optometric Assistant for our practice in the Junction area of west Toronto. This team member will work a schedule of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday and alternate Saturdays. The Optical/Optometric Assistant will be responsible for assisting with patient frame selection, repairing eyewear, pre-testing and specialty testing for the optometrists, order entry and reconciliation, contact lens instruction and front desk coverage as required. Ours is a friendly team-oriented practice with emphasis on eye health care and quality lifestyle eyewear. Join our friendly team in advancing eye health and enhancing the lives of our patients in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
How You’ll Benefit
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A workplace culture where collaboration and happiness in the workplace are encouraged
- No corporate attitude
- Ongoing training and development opportunities through our Eye Recommend partners
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit our patients' fashion and performance needs
- Educating patients about the best eyewear choices to ensure they receive the best in value and quality
- Interpreting optical prescriptions as written by the optometrists
- Performing frame and lens measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning of eyewear
- Submitting prescription eyewear requisitions to manufacturing lab and frame supplier
- Repairing and adjusting patients’ eyewear
- Maintaining the frame display area
- Reconciling lab and supplier invoices
- Patient pre-testing and specialty testing (auto-refractor, digital photography, OCT, visual fields)
- Have previous optical experience
- Be passionate about customer experience and be a great communicator in the English language
- Be one who can provide an exceptional patient care experience
- Be committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have computer knowledge and be capable of learning Visual-Eyes software
Are you looking for job satisfaction in a supportive team environment?
If so, please send your resume with a custom cover letter indicating that you have visited our website and why you are the best candidate for this position. Kindly include your starting salary expectations.
This position is not open to student opticians.
Reply to: [email protected]