Junction Optometrists is looking to hire a full-time Optician/Optical/Optometric Assistant at our practice in the Junction area of west Toronto. This team member will work a schedule of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday and alternate Saturdays. The Optician/Optical/Optometric Assistant will be responsible for frame buying, assisting with patient frame selection, repairing eyewear, pre-testing and specialty testing for the optometrists, order entry and reconciliation, contact lens instruction and front desk coverage as required. Ours is a friendly team-oriented practice with emphasis on eye health care and quality lifestyle eyewear. Join our friendly team in advancing eye health and enhancing the lives of our patients in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
How You’ll Benefit
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A workplace culture where collaboration and happiness in the workplace are encouraged
- Freedom from corporate mindset
- Ongoing training and development opportunities through our Eye Recommend partners
- Assisting with frame purchasing for our optical dispensary display
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit our patients' fashion and performance needs
- Educating patients about the best eyewear choices to ensure they receive the best in value and quality
- Interpreting optical prescriptions as written by the optometrists
- Performing frame and lens measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning of eyewear
- Submitting prescription eyewear requisitions to manufacturing lab and frame supplier
- Repairing and adjusting patients’ eyewear
- Maintaining the frame display area
- Reconciling lab and supplier invoices
- Patient pre-testing and specialty testing (auto-refractor, digital photography, OCT, visual fields)
- Have previous optical experience
- Be passionate about customer experience and be a great communicator in the English language
- Be one who can provide an exceptional patient care experience
- Be committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have computer knowledge and be capable of learning Visual-Eyes software
Do you meet our requirements for previous experience and communication skills?
Are you looking for job satisfaction in a supportive team environment?
If so, please send your resume with a custom cover letter indicating that you have visited our website and why you are the best candidate for this position. Kindly include your starting salary expectations.
Reply to: [email protected]