Ophthalmic Customer Care Specialist
Many Canadians suffer from some kind of vision impairment that requires them to wear glasses or contact lenses. We’re Hoya and correcting vision is our specialty. We’re helping the world see better by making high quality lenses for glasses.
Check us out: www.hoya.ca
Our motto is "Science You Can See", which is a promise of real technological innovation in lens materials, advanced optical designs and superior lens finishes. Hoya provides a full range of products for virtually every sight correction requirement. Beyond the science, we continually strive to earn our customers' business through service excellence and attention to detail with every order we fill.
We are currently in the process of hiring a Customer Care Specialist for our Winnipeg Location.
The Customer Care Specialist handles external and internal customer inquiries and concerns with the highest degree of patience, courtesy and professionalism. Positive intention and positive language are used to communicate effectively with our broad range of customers. Thru a sound knowledge of our customer base, combined with strong training and endorsement of new products and promotions, the CCS group and sales group will work as a team along with our customers, to help them grow their business. Our customers will be confident with the products and promotions that we endorse, and the advice that we give them, and more than happy with the end product.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and handles incoming customer calls. (order taking, work in process or other questions)
- Follows scripting, or other professional communication as required by HOYA
- Understands and follows all SOP for all tasks
- Understands and utilizes all methods of job tracking or late job follow up and communicates as required.
- Good working knowledge of DVI screens; competently processes all types of redo, credits, add notes, cancel jobs, tray change, account changes, etc.
- Able to identify in house vs. outsource lab orders, and transmits accordingly
- Displays a solid understanding of basic and some advanced optical knowledge
- Strong knowledge (training provided) of HOYA products and services
- Trouble shoots basic problems (cut out issues, coating incompatibility, thickness or base curve requirements
- Process RX credits for work in process where applicable, following SOP.
- Deliver new orders, frames or lenses, to the next work station with sense of urgency and prioritization
- Identify urgent or problem jobs and make appropriate communications, verbally and/or electronically, and/or using standardized stickers or forms.
- When necessary, use web access links to look up incoming or delayed shipments from outsource labs, in order to plan workflow.
- Accurately attach patterns, verify patterns and quality of trace/ shape modification.
- Enters orders into DVI or process new orders from any incoming order method
- Understands when jobs require a call to be placed to accounts and communicates to CSR appropriately.
- Trouble shoots and makes recommendations for basic problems (cut out issues, coating incompatibility, thickness or base curve requirements
- Perform outbound calls to accounts, to endorse new products and promotions.
- Any other duties and tasks and needed or required.
Product / Technical Knowledge
- Strives to improve technical knowledge daily and continually applies that knowledge in the production of all eyewear.
- Utilizes product knowledge to determine the best manufacturing process for routine and special orders in order to produce top quality eyewear.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and thoroughness despite time pressures and customer volume.
- Is attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations, equipment settings and defective product.
- Takes the initiative to notice and follow-up on discrepancies; suggests improvements; recommends solutions and does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
Standards of Performance
- Strives to achieve “Exceeds Expectations” on all targets set for the following areas:
- Jobs per Day
- % Avg. days per job
- % Breakage
- Remake Ratio
Safety & Lab Appearance
- Takes pride in the appearance of the facility and shows initiative in keeping the lab and surrounding areas clean, organized and safe.
- Complies with all safety/regulatory requirements ensuring supplies/chemicals are stored and used per chemical safety program.
- Keeps management informed of potential safety opportunities (i.e. broken tiles, equipment, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe work practices.
- 2 to 3 years in Customer Service or other equivalent experience
- Optical training a strong asset
- Data entry experience an asset
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong inter‑personal skills, strong communicator and listener to other department and employees.