FYidoctors is looking to hire a full-time permanent Optical Associate at our practice in Vancouver, BC – Granville location. This team member will work anywhere between 25 to 40 hours per week, Mondays through Saturdays, which includes some day/evening/weekend shifts. The Optical Associate's duties will include, but not be limited to, the retail and repair of eyewear products, as well as follow-up patient care. Join us in advancing eye health and enhancing the lives of our patients in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
How You’ll Benefit
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Communication with patients including in person, by phone, and by email
- Customer service activities including greeting patients, appointment bookings, prescription printouts, and billing and payments
- Educating clients about the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit your client’s aesthetic and performance needs
- Interpreting optical prescriptions as written by optometrist
- Performing frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning of eyewear
- Submitting prescription eyewear requisitions to manufacturing lab
- Performing repairs and adjustments to patients’ eyewear
- Arranging and maintaining retail display area
- Contributing to store retail sales goals
- Upholding excellent customer service standards using your charisma and problem solving skills
- Pretesting patients using state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Teaching patients insertion, removal and proper care of contact lenses
The Successful Candidate
- Previous optical or office experience
- Passionate about customer experience; a great communicator who can provide exceptional patient care
- Committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous retail experience an asset
FYidoctors is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists in Kelowna, BC. In just ten years, we have grown to over 450 optometrists and opened 260 locations across the country. Today, as Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, our team of respected leaders from provincial and national optometric associations bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry. From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive, supportive environment where all of our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally. Together, we proudly stand for the strength of the optometric profession and the preservation of patient care.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the link below and completing the evaluation. Please attach your cover letter and resume. Only cover letters and CVs received through the means specified will be considered. We will not accept any faxed resumes.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.