Looking for a more fulfilling career?
We will train the right person as a VISION THERAPIST. You will be in one of the most interesting and rewarding specialties in eye care. You will have the opportunity to work one on one with children and adults, helping them overcome vision problems that interfere with reading and learning, professional and personal lives.
We are looking for someone who is mature, reliable, have the ability to learn new things, work independently and as a team player and can multi-task. Must love kids and engage them in different activities in a fun and creative way. The ability to provide us with a flexible schedule is preferred (including evening hours and Saturday hours). Compensation depends on experience.
● Treating children with learning-related vision problems and adults with vision problems affecting work and activities of daily living
● With additional training, treatment will also include individuals with eye turns, weak eyes and Vision Rehabilitation for individuals who have sustained concussions
● Training under the direct supervision of an Optometrist
● Completing notes and reports
● Office administrative tasks
● Enthusiastic, compassionate individual who is comfortable working with children, adults, children with special needs and individuals with brain injury
● Good communication skills
● Organizational skills and ability to time-manage
● Comfortable with technology
● Prior experience with children is required
● Post-Secondary education in the areas of Occupational Therapy, Kinesiology, Early Childhood Education and Psychology is a plus but not a requirement
● This position starts out part-time with a potential transition to full-time once you are trained
● You also have the opportunity to become a CERTIFIED Vision Therapist
Please DO NOT apply if you are interested in short-term employment. Due to the training required and to maintain consistency for our patients, we would like someone who can grow with our team for at least two years or preferably longer.