Optician - Optometric Assistant
Optician/Optometric Assistant (part time-fulltime)
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic forward thinking team? If you consider yourself out going with an energetic personality and the ability to take initiative and offer outstanding customer service we should meet to talk about this opportunity.
We are a brand new Optometry practice opening up in Mississauga Ontario. We’re laying the foundation of a workplace that offers the best products and services available in the industry as well as being an awesome place to work at!
In this role you will be responsible for assisting your clients’ needs with their new eyewear as well as servicing their existing glasses. You should have the knowledge necessary to make recommendations on various lens designs as well as have knowledge on the various frame manufacturers. You will be assisting contact lens patients also and instruct them on insertion, removal and care. From time to time you will be required to assist in other areas of the practice including reception duties, patient recalls as well as answering and making calls on the telephone. Your role will be an essential part of the overall success of the practice.
Our Ideal Candidate
The candidate we are looking for should have some of the following attributes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Optical or Optometric environment
- Be a sales leader, know how to sell the benefits of the products or services being offered. Master the use of open-ended questions to uncover your clients’ needs to match their preferences. Experience in selling high end products would be an asset
- Excel at customer service, go above and beyond when required to
- Exemplify leadership
- Take initiative to get the job done when needed
- Computer and Internet adept, be able to manage our social media program
- Have a dynamic personality be outgoing and engage clients from the moment they walk through the door
- Be able to take action when needed and enjoy interacting with your clients
- Be knowledgeable of the latest trends in Eye care
- Exude confidence
- Highly organized,
- Willingness to learn, approachable
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Have some edging experience
If you feel that you would be a good fit send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate and thank all applicants interested in this position but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.