Frame Stylist/Optometric Assistant/Optician
Our ideal candidate will be: fashionable, possess great interpersonal skills, is inspiring and approachable at all times, provide exemplary customer service skills that appear natural and know how to manage all clients.
Purpose of the Position:
The Frame Stylist/Optometric Assistant/Optician will be responsible for the patient's overall experience, from when the patient enters the office through their entire experience at the boutique.
- Greet clients in a friendly and professional manner while building rapport.
- Pretesting patients (Autorefractor, Lensometry, Non-contact Tonometry, Topography, Humphrey Visual Field, OCT), contact lens teaches, reception and administrative duties (booking appointments, etc).
- Once patients have done their examination with the doctor, take over and guide the patient through the rest of the boutique experience: Assist patients with frame selection, styling, fitting, lens selection and measurements.
- Enter lab orders and accurate patient information.
- Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when eyewear is ready.
- Dispense, adjust and repair eyewear.
- Schedule follow up appointments as needed.
- Instruct patients on proper eyewear use and care of new eyeglass lenses.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve eyewear concerns and issues to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Monitor job status from optical labs and ensure accuracy and quality.
- Maintain the general appearance of the dispensary and reception area.
- Effectively manage patient encounters including sales, concerns, after care and communications with professionalism + personality.
- Participate in personal and team development training and initiatives including staff meetings & continuing education.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, senior team, suppliers and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Responsibilities can change without notice, may be updated frequently and are not limited to the list above.
Job Type / Category
- Locations both in Hamilton Downtown & Uptown.
- Luxury frames: Thierry Lasry, Anne & Valentin, Rapp, Lunor, Cutler & Gross, Etc.
- Attractive hourly rate $18-20 (Up to 40K) + incentives. (Compensation for Opticians can be negotiated based on experience.)
- Ideal working hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday, 10:00am - 7:00pm Thursday, 8:30am - 2:30pm Saturday.
This is an amazing opportunity for those looking to expand their optometric career & work with the best products in the industry.
We are looking for full-time & long-term candidates only.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Repair and adjustment of frames.
- 2-5 years experience in a sales/admin role. (Within the retail/optometric setting considered an asset but not required.)
- Experience in the fashion industry selling high-end products is considered an asset.
- Must be able to work Tuesday through to Saturday.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office, have sufficient typing skills and experience with both Mac & Windows.
- Must be adaptable/coachable.
- Must have a sense of urgency and not be intimidated by new experiences but rather eager to seize opportunity.
- Successful candidate must be courteous and punctual.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, receptive to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities are required, as well as the ability to think critically and solve problems.
Our involvement in the fashion community in Hamilton & GTA allows us to stand out and become a front-runner in the eyewear industry in Ontario. Our first annual Charity Eyewear Event, VUE was a smashing success and we plan to keep building the momentum that catapults our vision and name as the #1 choice for Hamilton & GTA residents.
We believe in making a vision of every individual.
Please visit us: www.advancedvision.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00/hour for Frame Stylists/Optometric Assistants
Salary for Opticians to be determined based on experience.