Optician or Dispensing Optometric assistant
Starting ~January 1st 2018: 12-18month contract position available with potential to continue. Terri Holland Optometry is looking for a Dispensing optometric assistant or Optician. Hours approximate~40hrs/week and may include daytime shifts 9:30-6pm and 1-2 evening shifts ~11-7pm. Experience an asset but NEW GRADS WELCOME.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Commitment to providing high level of customer service
• General computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel); ability to work with an Electronic medical Record program (OD office PRO)
DUTIES may INCLUDE but are not limited to:
• Dispensing eyewear
• Eyewear repairs
• Contact lens instructions
• Frame adjustments
• Knowledge of frame fitting and materials
• Lens materials and selection.
• Patient pre-testing: includes use of automated equipment, visual acuity, stereovision, colour vision testing.
• Front desk reception, patient scheduling
• Visual field testing
Applicants please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org