FYidoctors, Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 450 optometrists and 280 locations in only eight years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work for, now is your opportunity. We are currently recruiting for a permanent full time SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (SA) that will oversee and provide IT services at our manufacturing facility, in Delta, BC.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners.MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle. Occasional travel within North America as part of internal projects may be required.
- Manage and support the maintenance and administration of a diverse IT infrastructure including servers and SANs spread across 140+ locations in North America, while adhering to standards, policies and procedures
- Providing telephone and remote desktop support (3rd tier) on escalated issues, and information gathering and communicating issues/outages, working closely with the Helpdesk team
- Respond to in-house IT requests for desktop support inquiries, equipment purchases and on premise services
- Efficiently monitoring, diagnosing, managing, and resolving service interruptions to minimize down-time and impact on the business, including after-hours on-call rotation after environment a customization and occasional travel
- Maintain the stability and availability of our production environment
- Architect, develop, and test solutions to improve automation and orchestration within existing and new infrastructure
- Maintain the operation of our Production and Pre-Production Test environments both in the cloud and on premise
- Development and execution of maintenance schedules
- Manage operating system patches & security patches
- Management and maintenance of network infrastructure, including HP and Cisco network switches
- Actively create and update documentation for all aspects of the System Administrator’s roles and responsibilities
- Play an active role in maintaining system integrity by managing backups, monitoring system logs, and disaster recovery planning/testing
- Design and implement scalable, secure and highly available systems
- Research and development of new technologies under direction of Director of IT Infrastructure
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Director of IT Infrastructure for improvements to the infrastructure, and compile timely and accurate reports
- Assist in other related tasks and projects as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A passion for technology, inside and outside office hours
- Ability to manage priorities and deliver projects and tasks to defined timelines
- Ability to function independently and produce results
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft environments, especially Operating Systems and MS Office
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Server applications, including Exchange, SQL & IIS
- Experience and knowledge of LANDesk, Symantec Anti-virus & Backup Exec an advantage
- Ability to understand and learn new software and operating systems is essential
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of server, network, and desktop technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot various computer software and hardware problems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to effectively communicate with end users
- Experience in documenting technical environments
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in/or related to computer technology
- 3-5 years of experience in system administration
Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded. We value employees by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training and development opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued asset to our team, you can expect a comprehensive rewards package, including a competitive base salary and benefits.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please quote “Systems Administrator - Delta” in the subject line. We will not accept any faxed resumes.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.