We are growing! Listowel Vision Care (Dr. Betty Fretz Optometrist) is hiring a full-time Vision Therapy Optometrist to join their team. We are a vibrant and busy practice located in Listowel, ON. We love what we do, and we make sure to welcome each and every patient with open arms.
- Doctor of Optometry degree
- Passion for vision therapy
- Outgoing, friendly, and well-spoken with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong desire to help the public in a competent, caring, and compassionate manner
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a busy environment without distraction
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Desire to learn and advance in a diverse and highly rewarding field
- Works with the Vision Therapist to educate all patients on the importance of vision care, including home therapy techniques and vision training
- Maintain education on current vision therapy techniques and equipment
- Performs examinations of the internal and external structure of the eyes and eye health
- Administer medication to patients
- Refers patients to Opthalmologist when required
- Analyzes results from diagnostic tests
- Develops staff by providing and developing training programs
- Ensures proper operation of equipment, including calling for repairs, preventative maintenance requirements, etc.
If this sounds like a position that would interest you, please contact Kim Strachan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since all positions require a great deal of training, all applicants should understand that this is a long-term position with strong potential for advancement as learning progresses. We believe strongly in staff education, with on the job and also seminar/course based learning. We hire the attitude and teach the skills!
Thank you for your interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.